The City Plan Commission (CPC) is the City's official planning body established under State statute and is responsible for master planning activities. The CPC advises the Common Council on a variety of land development issues including zoning map changes, revisions in the zoning ordinance, subdivision approvals, business improvement districts, street and alley vacations, public land disposition and acquisition, new streets and the approval of development plans in certain overlay districts. Submittal deadlines for zoning-related matters that require CPC consideration may be found here.
City Plan Commission (CPC) meetings start at 1:30 p.m. and are held in the First Floor Boardroom at the Department of City Development, 809 North Broadway, unless otherwise noted.
The latest agenda and meeting minutes are available below.
2020 CPC Meetings
Please note: videos of meetings (2016 and more recent) are now available on Legistar
VIRTUAL NOVEMBER 9TH CPC MEETING DETAILS
Given current guidance on holding meetings during the COVID-19 pandemic, the City Plan Commission meeting on November 9, 2020 at 1:30 pm will be held virtually. The meeting will be held via GoToWebinar, a product of GoToMeeting.
Register Here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6755430637939819022
An email will be sent to you with the webinar link.
You may view and listen to the meeting by registering via GoToWebinar. Due to other meeting conflicts during this time, the meeting will not be streamed live on the Channel 25 website.
- Join the meeting via GoToWebinar, you must register in advance at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6755430637939819022
- Join via the GoToMeeting application (click here for instructions on how to download)
- Join via your web browser (Google Chrome is recommended)
- Join via telephone: you will receive a dial-in number and access code in a confirmation email once you've registered.
PARTICIPATING IN THE MEETING:
We encourage your participation in the meeting via the following methods:
- Submit comments via email no later than 24 hours prior to the meeting: PlanAdmin@milwaukee.gov
- Participate via GoToWebinar. Must register in advance: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6755430637939819022
- Speak via GoToWebinar: You must alert staff of your intention to speak either via email prior to the meeting (PlanAdmin@milwaukee.gov) or via GoToWebinar's "Question" feature as described below. Staff will unmute you during the public hearing session and you can speak via your computer's microphone, through the phone/tablet application, or with a working pair of headphones with a microphone.
- Speak via telephone: If you don't have a working microphone or it isn't working you will receive a dial-in number and access code in a confirmation email once you've registered. Enter the meeting via your computer or application and an audio pin will appear in the Audio tab. Call in using the dial in number, access code, and audio pin. You must alert staff of your intention to speak either via email prior to the meeting (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via GoToWebinar's "Question" feature as described below. Staff will monitor and unmute during the public hearing session.
- Question Feature: Within GoToWebinar there is a “Question” feature that will allow you communicate with staff. Please use the Question box to alert staff of your intention to speak during the public hearing session or to ask procedural/techincal questions. You can find the question box on the right in the GoToWebinar pane or at the bottom of the phone/tablet application. Staff will be monitoring your questions live during the meeting and will reach out if need be.
- If you don’t have a computer, or the above options aren’t working, you can also leave a voice or text message for Planning Administration staff at 414-708-0626. Staff will monitor this number, take your message, and relay it to the Commissioners.
Search CPC minutes by file number, street name or aldermanic district: