The City Plan Commission (CPC) is the City's official planning body established under State statute and is responsible for master planning activities. The CPC advises the Common Council on a variety of land development issues including zoning map changes, revisions in the zoning ordinance, subdivision approvals, business improvement districts, street and alley vacations, public land disposition and acquisition, new streets and the approval of development plans in certain overlay districts. Submittal deadlines for zoning-related matters that require CPC consideration may be found here.
City Plan Commission (CPC) meetings start at 1:30 p.m. and are held in the First Floor Boardroom at the Department of City Development, 809 North Broadway, unless otherwise noted.
The latest agenda and meeting minutes are available below.
2020 CPC Meetings
Please note: videos of meetings (2016 and more recent) are now available on Legistar
VIRTUAL OCTOBER 19TH CPC MEETING DETAILS
Given current guidance on holding meetings during the COVID-19 pandemic, the City Plan Commission meeting on October 19, 2020 at 1:30 pm will be held virtually. The meeting will be held via GoToWebinar, a product of GoToMeeting.
Register Here: Link not yet availabe. Check back closer to the meeting date.
An email will be sent to you with the webinar link.
There are two different options for those who would like to view or listen to the meeting:
- It is anticipated that this meeting will be streamed live on the Channel 25 website. Please note that this option might not be available due to other meetings occurring during this time.
- Join the meeting via GoToWebinar, you must register in advance at: Link not yet availabe. Check back closer to the meeting date.
- Join via the GoToMeeting application (click here for instructions on how to download)
- Join via your web browser (Google Chrome is recommended)
- Join via telephone: you will receive a dial-in number and access code in a confirmation email once you've registered.
PARTICIPATING IN THE MEETING:
We encourage your participation in the meeting via the following methods:
- Submit comments via email no later than 24 hours prior to the meeting: PlanAdmin@milwaukee.gov
- Participate via GoToWebinar. Must register in advance: Link not yet availabe. Check back closer to the meeting date.
- Submit written comments/questions: There is a “Question” feature that will allow you to submit questions or comments during the meeting. You can find the question box on the right in the GoToWebinar pane. Staff will be monitoring your comments/questions live during the meeting and address them during the public hearing sessions.
- Speak via telephone: you will receive a dial-in number and access code in a confirmation email once you've registered. You must alert staff of your intention to speak either via email prior to the meeting (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via GoToWebinar's "Question" feature as described above. Staff will monitor and unmute during the public hearing session.
- If you don’t have a computer, or the above options aren’t working, you can also leave a voice message for Planning Administration staff at 414-286-5726 or send a text message to staff at 414-708-0626. Staff will monitor these numbers, take your message, and relay it to the Commissioners.
Search CPC minutes by file number, street name or aldermanic district: