Offers due December 2, 2019 at 10:00 A.M.
Restricted to sales for owner-occupancy
These homes are exclusively opened to
owner-occupants only for the first 30 days.
Click here to view updated successful bids from the October 28, 2019 bid due date: Successful Bids
Email offers to: ResidentialOffers@milwaukee.gov
This consideration will be offered for the first 30 days of the listing of a property.
The City of Milwaukee will offer special consideration to interested homebuyers who live within 500 ft (or their assignee) of a City owned property and will occupy the property. Learn more about the 500+ Program and how to apply clicking the link above.
Your Path to Homeownership in the City of Milwaukee
PLEASE NOTE: Additional properties are listed on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). To get information on those properties contact a Wisconsin licensed real estate agent.
1. Contact any Wisconsin licensed Real Estate Broker to assist you in the purchase process.
2. Ask the broker to call us at (414) 286-5730 to arrange for access to the property. Complete a thorough inspection of the property to familiarize yourself with the features of the home and to determine the extent and cost of needed repairs. Seek qualified help if necessary.
3. Have your broker complete and submit a signed City of Milwaukee - Offer to Purchase on your behalf. For bulk buyers, submit separate offer for each property.
Please note the following applies to all offers submitted:
Review the City of Milwaukee Residential Offer & Closing Checklist
- Buyer reviewed the property's Scope of Work and understands items that are marked with a star on the Scope are deemed "Essential Repair" items and signs scope.
- Provide proof of payment of the $750 Earnest Money (certified check).
- Submit a copy of government-issued ID for each signing buyer.
- Buyers must provide a performance deposit at closing. Buyers are obligated to complete essential repairs within 180 days of closing. Deposit is refundable if buyer completes the Essential Repairs at the property, and obtains a DNS stamped Essential Repair Verification Form within 180 days of closing. Please see Offer to Purchase for additional details.
- Provide proof of funds for purchase price + estimate for Essential Repairs from Scope.
- If applicable, HIP (Historic) Fund Special Conditions Addendum (will be noted with listing).
- Accepted offers will be evaluated by purchase price and in some cases program participation. Likelihood of project completion, including city buyer check and buyer history will be part of the offer evaluation. The City has the discretion to select offers in which it is deemed most likely the work will be completed in a timely manner. The City reserves the right to reject any offer for any reason, including no reason at all.
- Buyer will need to provide verification of funds for the purchase price and essential repairs. Buyer will complete and sign buyer verification of funds form on the day of closing. If a special conditions addendum form will need to be submitted. Any entity, LLC or Corporation will need to submit copies of Articles of Incorporation/organization and DRI printout showing registration of entity with WI DRI.
- Non-profit buyers must complete the Non-profit Buyer Affidavit.
- If you are a City of Milwaukee employee, spouse, sibling, parent or child of an employee of the City of Milwaukee a Conflict of Interest Form will need to be submitted.
- Investor buyers (includes non-profit and bulk buyers) must complete landlord training and provide proof to DCD prior to closing.
General Buyer Policies
Offers to Purchase will be rejected from any party (as an individual or as part of an entity) who:
- Is delinquent in the payment of any property tax, special assessment, special charge or special tax to the City of Milwaukee.
- Has outstanding judgments from the City or if the City acquired property tax-foreclosure judgment.
- Has outstanding health or building code violations or orders from the City’s Health Department or Department of Neighborhood Services that are not actively being abated.
- Has been convicted of violating an order of the health department or department of neighborhood services within the past year.
- Owned property in the city that, at any time within the past 5 years, the city acquired by means of property-tax foreclosure. Applies to any ownership group or LLC of which any prospective buyer has been a member.
For additional information and assistance:
Please note: City forms and procedures have been updated. please review the new offer form and checklist for instructions.
Use the City of Milwaukee Residential Offer & Closing Checklist to submit your clients offer
If you are a licensed broker or sales person, broker fees are the greater of $1,500.00 or a full 6% commission on residential property and 10% on commercial property
- Call 286-5730 for information on how to access the property
- Show the property to the perspective buyer
- Submit City of Milwaukee - Offer to Purchase, along with a receipt for the earnest money, buyer-signed scope, copy of government ID and proof of the buyer's funds for purchase price + estimate for essential repairs
- Mail offers to 809 N. Broadway, Milwaukee, WI 53202
- Email offers to ResidentialOffers@milwaukee.gov
- If property is listed under a listing contract with a listing broker, buyer broker or buyer (if there is no Buyer Broker) must submit offer to the listing broker who shall submit it to the City
- Ensure $750 earnest money is paid and documented according to instructions in the offer
- Make sure to submit additional documents if applicable, HIP Fund Special Conditions Addendum or with entity buyers articles of incorporation/organization, WI DFI printout, non-profit buyer affidavit, or conflict of interest form if buyer is immediate family member of City, RACM, or HACM employee
- Receive and forward a copy of the accepted offer to the buyer
- Assist the buyer with locating financing, if applicable
- Assure closing happens within 45 days of acceptance of the offer or earnest money is forfeited
- Offers may be extended for ONLY one 30-day period upon submission of a $250 extension fee
- Do a final walk through the day of closing
- Remove the City’s lockbox or padlock and turn it in to the Title company or to 809 N. Broadway
- All agents are required to provide buyers a copy of the following;