Commercial listings below advertise retail stores, mixed-use buildings, multi-family properties or industrial facilities for sale and renovation. We look for community-enhancing end uses that are consistent with the local area plan, financial feasibility, and high-quality renovations.
Proposals to be submitted as indicated on individual listing sheets.
Proposals may be submitted any time and will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
Listings will specify a due date or continuous submittal option.
Under the provisions of State Statute 119.61, certain Milwaukee Public Schools buildings are deemed eligible for sale.
The City of Milwaukee also has a limited number of scattered sites along its commercial corridors that have not yet been identified for sale. You can check ownership on the Assessor's website or on MapMilwaukee. If you are interested in a specific City-owned parcel, email your inquiry and proposed use to [email protected].
- Licensed commercial real estate brokers must be used to show our commercial properties and submit offers unless specified in listing.
- Broker commission varies by listing sheet. Please review listing sheet. No commission will be paid to a broker who is a buyer.
- Buyers cannot violate City Buyer Policies (see below) at offer submission or closing.
- Sales subject to Common Council approval. Required Board of Zoning Appeal approvals will be obtained before Common Council action.
- Purchase and Sale Agreement will be tailored to the project.
- All project elements must be in place before closing -- approved final plans and firm financing.
- Conveyance will be on an "as is, where is" basis and subject to deed restrictions prohibiting application for property tax exemption, requiring performance and specifying use restrictions (unless specified in the listing).
- Certificates of Occupancy will be used to demonstrate performance. Building permits are required for most work items.
- Buyers are encouraged to make best efforts to use City-certified Small Business Enterprises for 25% of hard construction costs and 15% of professional services.
- The City of Milwaukee Department of City Development and Redevelopment Authority of the City of Milwaukee reserves the right to reject any proposal for any reason, including no reason.