Equal Rights Commission
The Equal Rights Commission Celebrates 75 Years!
Click here for the 2017 Annual Report
Know Your Rights
Prohibited Activities Housing
- Refusal to sell or rent after a bona fide offer.
- Refusal to negotiate the sale or rental.
- Denying housing.
- Making an unlawful preferences or limitations to the exclusion of protected person.
- Refusal to allow inspection of a property when the property is in fact available for inspection.
- Refusal to provide real estate-related transactions to any protected person.
- Refusal to enter into a contract of insurance against hazards.
- Refusal to renew a lease, causing the eviction, or engaging in the harassment of a tenant.
- Induce or attempt to induce a person to sell, rent or lease any dwellings by representations regarding the present or prospective entry into the neighborhood of a person of a protected class.
- Discrimination on the basis of disability of the buyer or renter or any person associated with the buyer or the renter.
- Refusal to permit reasonable modifications of existing premises.
Prohibited Activities Employment
- Refusal to hire or discharge or discriminate with respect to compensation, terms, conditions or privileges of employment.
- Creating a limit, segregation or classification of employees or applicants in a way which would deprive any individual of employment opportunities or otherwise adversely affect his/her status.
- Conduct that constitutes sexual harassment when the employer or its agents knew or should have known of the conduct.
- Refusal to reasonably accommodate an employee’s or prospective employee’s disability.
- Discrimination by an employment agency: refusal to refer an individual for employment.
- Discrimination by a Labor Organization: exclusion from membership or other form of discrimination.
Please wait while we gather your results.