Request for Proposal - Strategic Planning Services
The City of Milwaukee Equal Rights Commission is seeking proposals from interested and qualified organizations and firms to provide strategic planning services.
Please see the Request For Proposal for more information. If you are interested in being considered, please email your proposal to Diane Lopez at at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm on or before Friday, July 27, 2018. Late proposals will not be considered.
Click here for the 2017 Annual Report
Know Your Rights
Prohibited Activities Housing
- Refusal to sell or rent after a bona fide offer.
- Refusal to negotiate the sale or rental.
- Denying housing.
- Making an unlawful preferences or limitations to the exclusion of protected person.
- Refusal to allow inspection of a property when the property is in fact available for inspection.
- Refusal to provide real estate-related transactions to any protected person.
- Refusal to enter into a contract of insurance against hazards.
- Refusal to renew a lease, causing the eviction, or engaging in the harassment of a tenant.
- Induce or attempt to induce a person to sell, rent or lease any dwellings by representations regarding the present or prospective entry into the neighborhood of a person of a protected class.
- Discrimination on the basis of disability of the buyer or renter or any person associated with the buyer or the renter.
- Refusal to permit reasonable modifications of existing premises.
Prohibited Activities Employment
- Refusal to hire or discharge or discriminate with respect to compensation, terms, conditions or privileges of employment.
- Creating a limit, segregation or classification of employees or applicants in a way which would deprive any individual of employment opportunities or otherwise adversely affect his/her status.
- Conduct that constitutes sexual harassment when the employer or its agents knew or should have known of the conduct.
- Refusal to reasonably accommodate an employee’s or prospective employee’s disability.
- Discrimination by an employment agency: refusal to refer an individual for employment.
- Discrimination by a Labor Organization: exclusion from membership or other form of discrimination.