Welcome to the Assessor's Office
- 2023 Assessments
- Appeals and Assistance
- Request a Notice
- Contact Us
Appeals and Assistance
- Submit questions via Ask the Assessor or call 414-286-6565 to speak with one of our appraisers. Questions can often be answered by an appraiser and will not require filing an appeal.
- Detailed instructions for filing an appeal:
- The deadline to file an appeal: 4:45pm Monday, May 15, 2023.
- Research property sales data
Request a Notice
- If you received a postcard, or otherwise want a copy of your assessment notice, requests can be made via Ask the Assessor or by calling 414-286-3651.
- Please be sure to indicate whether you want a digital (email) or paper (U.S. Postal Service) copy of your assessment notice.
- Submit questions and requests to Ask the Assessor
- Email: [email protected]
- Speak to an appraiser about your property and value: 414-286-6565
- Speak to someone about general property information: 414-286-3651
- Visit our office Monday-Friday 8:00am - 4:45pm.
- City of Milwaukee Assessor's Office
City Hall Room 507 (5th floor)
200 E Wells Street
Milwaukee, WI 53202
- Para asistencia en español, favor de llamar al (414) 286-6565 para pedir servicios de interpretación a través de la Línea de Idiomas (Language Line).
Real Property assessed values are updated every year in mid-April.
Personal Property returns are due every year by March 1.
The annual deadline to appeal real property assessments is the third Monday in May.
Tax exemption requests are due by March 1 for the year the exemption is sought.
Biennial exemption reports are due by March 31 of every even numbered year.