The following form is used to request a change to your mailing address ONLY with the City of Milwaukee's Assessor's Office, Treasurer's Office and/or Water Works. *
Please note the following:
- Names cannot be changed on our ownership records unless a conveyance document has been recorded at the Milwaukee County Register of Deeds.
- If the Assessor's Office has not received a copy of the recorded document to change the ownership, the old owner's name will stay on our records. An address change request will not change any information.
- We will not change the mailing address to "in care of" the new owner.
- If the owner's name has changed due to marriage or divorce, a conveyance document needs to be recorded with the Milwaukee County Register of Deeds.
- If a spouse has died, their name cannot be removed from the records without a recorded document.
Change MAILING ADDRESS ONLY on property located at:
Tax Key Number
Name (for verification) and new mailing address of owner:
Name LINE 2
Name LINE 3
New Mailing Address
City State Zip
Do you own more than one property within the City of Milwaukee? Yes No
Is this address change for all properties listed under that name? Yes No
I would like my address to be permanently updated for the following bills and notices:
Assessor's Office (Assessment Notices)
Treasurer's Office (Tax Bills, Tax Receipts)
Water Works (Municipal Services Bill)
Name of owner or owner's agent
Please check Owner Agent
Daytime phone number with area code
Additional Comments (If this is a temporary change only, please indicate timeframe below.)
I, as the owner or the owner's agent, hereby certify that the information submitted above is true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge, information and belief. I further acknowledge that typing my name above constitutes my signature on this form and that any changes will remain in effect until further notice.
It is a Class H felony to intentionally use any personally identifying information of an individual, including a deceased individual, without the authorization or consent of the individual and by representing that he or she is the individual, or that he or she is acting with the authorization or consent of the individual. Wis. Stat. § 943.201(2). The same penalties apply to unauthorized use of an entity's identifying information or identification documents. Wis. Stat. § 943.203(2). Misappropriating an individual’s identity is also a federal offense, with penalties including imprisonment, fines and forfeiture of any personal property used to commit the offense. 18 U.S.C. § 1028(a)(7).