• Refine Search

  • All Results

Planned Development Districts

Planned Development

(PD) zoning is intended to allow flexibility in land development for unique projects. This zoning is site-specific, and encourages development that is compatible with its surroundings and consistent with the City’s comprehensive plan. A General Planned Development (GPD) is sometimes recommended for multi-parcel, multi-phased developments and serves as a guiding zoning plan for the sites. Prior to construction of the development, a rezoning to a Detailed Planned Development (DPD), which approves the project specifics including building design and site plan, is necessary. When a proposal entails a single-phase development or does not require a GPD, rezoning directly to a DPD may be appropriate. Once established, a GPD can be amended as needed. Changes to a DPD might require either an amendment or a minor modification. We encourage you to speak with DCD Planning prior to submitting an application to rezone to, or amend or modify a Planned Development to determine what process might be the most suitable for your proposal.

The process for establishing or amending a Planned Development takes approximately 3 – 3.5 months and entails public hearings before the City Plan Commission as well as the Zoning, Neighborhoods and Development Committee before going to the full Common Council for consideration. A minor modification process requires the same approvals but is not a public hearing process, and typically takes 2.5 – 3 months. The applications, submittal checklists, and processing schedules are available in the links below.

Note: Please email copies of your application and affidavit to [email protected].
We will provide you with instructions on how to pay the application fee online.

You may mail the original documents to:
Dept. of City Development - Planning Administration
809 N. Broadway, 2nd Floor 
Milwaukee, WI  53202

For More Information

[email protected]

For information on permits and zoning letters please contact the Department of Neighborhood Services.

Please wait while we gather your results.
This site is powered by the Northwoods Titan Content Management System