Due to the Lakefront Marathon on Sunday October 1, please be aware of street closures around Lincoln Memorial Drive, the Hoan Bridge, Superior Street from Oklahoma Avenue to Packard Avenue, and Kinnickinnic Avenue from Oklahoma Avenue to Morgan Avenue from 4:30am - 1:30pm.
OFFICE OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT
Welcome to the Office of Emergency Management
The Office of Emergency Management (OEM) works to ensure the City of Milwaukee is ready for any kind of emergency leading efforts to protect life, property, and the environment by developing, coordinating, and managing programs that prevent, prepare for, respond to, recover from, terrorism, natural and technological disasters and emergencies. OEM coordinates with departments citywide, including the Milwaukee Police Department and Milwaukee Fire Department, in addition to various other local, state, and federal agencies as it relates to emergency planning for large-scale special events.
In order to accomplish our mission, OEM focuses on the following primary areas:
- Oversees development of the City’s plans for large-scale emergencies and disasters.
- Coordinates training and exercises to test the effectiveness of disaster plans and policies.
- Supports community outreach and education on disaster preparedness.
- Coordinates disaster response and recovery efforts for the City.
- Supports the development of Incident Action Plans for major special events.
What is OEM?
FEMA Emergency Preparedness
Additional Citizen Preparedness Resources