Development sites owned by the City, Redevelopment Authority or MPS are available for commercial and industrial developments that contribute business and retail services to our commercial districts or increase employment in our industrial corridors. Select residential tracts or unique infill lots are also available to expand housing opportunities. Sites listed below are available for quality developments that meet the specified use requirements and City design guidelines, are financially viable and ready for immediate construction and expand our tax base.
- Offers may be sumitted through licensed commercial brokers. The listing will specify the commission amount to be paid at closing if the initial submittal is through a licensed broker. No commissions are paid to related broker/buyers.
- Submissions must include preliminary architectural plans satisfactory to DCD's Design Review Team.
- Buyers must not violate Buyer Policies (see below) at offer submission or closing.
- Sales subject to approval by the Common Council and other bodies as identified in the listing. Required BOZA approvals will be obtained before Common Council action and zoning changes will be considered concurrently with sale approval.
- Purchase and Sale Agreement will be tailored to the project and will include reversion of title provisions for nonperformance (City sample available; slight variations for RACM or MPS).
- Best efforts must be made for use of City-certified Small Business Enterprises (SBE) for 25% of hard costs and 18% of professional services.
- All project elements must be in place before closing: approved final construction plans, firm financing and equity, building permits and SBE Agreement.
- Conveyance is by quit claim deed subject to restrictive covenants for performance and use and prohibition on tax-exempt status.
- Sites are sold on an "as is, where is" basis. Development sites may contain old foundations and debris and are the sole responsibility of the buyer.