• Refine Search

  • All Results

Military Leave/Training

Military leave is granted to all City employees called to active duty in the Armed Forces of the United States for the duration of their service. Tenure and the right to return to your former position, or a similar one, are retained provided you apply for reinstatement within the prescribed time limits following your separation. 

War veterans who belong to the National Guard or any other organized reserve unit are granted leave with full pay during their unit’s annual training period. Non-veterans who belong to such reserve units are also granted leave for annual training. If a non-veteran's military pay is less than the employee’s regular City pay, the City will pay the difference between the employee’s military pay and the City pay to guarantee the employee a combined amount equal to the City pay. This in no way affects vacation rights.

  • Form CS-11,  Pay Request for Military Training Leave or Riot or Civil Disturbance Duty: MS Word  /  Adobe PDF

Call Megan Kemmerling at 414-286-3396 ([email protected]) or Christine Carlson at 414-286-3368 ([email protected]) with questions.


This site is powered by the Northwoods Titan Content Management System