The Purchasing Division’s mission is to procure Commodities and Services for City departments in the most cost effective, efficient, and impartial manner within the appropriate guidelines.
Viewing Active Bids
All active Bids and Requests for Proposals (RFPs) are posted on the City’s website.
Click on any of the listed departments to view and download their active bids. The City of Milwaukee uses an electric notification system to announce when a new bid is available.
When a new bid is posted, E-Notify issues a notice that will come directly to you via email containing basic information such as:
- Bid number
- A brief description of the commodity or service
- A hyperlink to view and download the bid
What do we Buy
Commodities and services include, but are not limited to:
- Automotive supplies, fuel and lubricants, and chemicals
- Fire and police equipment, communications equipment, and computer hardware and software
- Consulting, financial services, health services, and IT services
- Office supplies and equipment, furniture, and more
Socioeconomic Contracting Programs
The City of Milwaukee offers programs to provide incentive to bidders including the following: