Milwaukee Health Department Coronavirus COVID-19 updates. Visit Impact 211 website for information or call 2-1-1 for assistance.

Need to Contact the City?

In addition to contacting his office, Ald. Witkowski wants you to know there are many ways to get information, request services, register complaints or comment on issues important to you.

Among them: One Call, That's All... 286-CITY (2489). That one number can connect you with 21 departments, 8,800 employees and 100s of city services, ranging from building permits to parking permission to library hours to garbage pickups.

The city continues to seek ways to improve communications with residents, and this one-stop number for city services makes it even easier to find the right department and person to handle your complaint or request. Residents will still call 911 for emergencies but can use the new number for any other calls.

High-Tech Options

If you have a computer and Internet access, keeping informed about what's happening in the 13th District, the city and the county and finding government information and services online is just a few clicks away on the Milwaukee Portal Page.

Go to, simply type a keyword or phrase in the site section and click GO. The new search engine will take you to the proper department in either the city or the county.

Another city initiative called E-Service provides an online request form that allows citizens to request a service without knowing which city department provides that service. E-Service cuts at least two days off the process. 

And the city can also communicate with you with E-Notify. This easy-to-use, internet tool allows the city to send such information as city news, police crime bulletins by neighborhood, meeting and bid notices and many other topics to subscribers' email accounts based on selections made by the individual citizen. E-Notify is available on the City Home Page.

Of course you can always use the telephone to contact Ald. Witkowski or write to him with your concerns. You can also call the Department of Public Works Call Center at 286-8282 or the Department of Neighborhood Services at 286-2268.

This site is powered by the Northwoods Titan Content Management System