FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: October 19, 2021
City of Milwaukee Hosts 2021 Flu Season Awareness Kick-Off
MILWAUKEE – Flu season is officially here, and City of Milwaukee leaders will come together on Wednesday, October 20 to roll up their sleeves, receive their seasonal flu vaccine, and share the best ways to keep yourself and loved ones healthy this flu season.
The flu vaccine is recommended for all individuals over six months of age, especially those at greatest risk for serious complications, including adults 65 and older, children younger than five, and pregnant women. During the kick-off, residents of all ages can receive a FREE flu shot, on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Neighborhood House of Milwaukee
2819 W. Richardson Place
**Enter through the East Lobby. Security at door will assist with directions.
- Wednesday, October 20, 2021
10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- 10:00 a.m. – Press conference and photo opportunity
- Free flu vaccines available for Milwaukee residents following the press event, while supplies last
- Common Council President Cavalier Johnson
- Milwaukee Health Commissioner Kirsten Johnson
- Jeffery Martinka – Executive Director, Neighborhood House of Milwaukee
**Speakers will receive their seasonal flu vaccine following remarks.