• Refine Search

  • All Results

DNS Info Sheets - Resource Page

APPLY FOR PERMITS ONLINE: Land Management System (LMS)

Below is a list of information sheets that are available for download and available in person at the Permit & Development Center.

When you establish your business, church, agency, school or organization in a new or existing building, you need a Certificate of Occupancy before you open your doors. Certificates of Occupancy also are required for parking lots and commercial storage buildings. They are not required for one- and two-family homes unless an inspector has issued a placard or the house has been vacant for more than six months. Complete the Occupancy Application in the Land Management System (LMS).

See also: Building Permit Checklist - Does it Need a Permit?

Commercial &
Multi Family Properties

Accessibility analysis (info on ADA requirements)
Accessibility + disproportionality worksheet
Automatic fire extinguishing system
Certificate of Compliance
Certificate of Supervision
Certification of footings
Commercial building alterations
Design professional involvement  
Existing building code analysis form 
Footing and foundation permits
International Building Code worksheets
Kitchen ventilation system, commercial
Masonry building cleaning permit & worksheet
New commercial buildings & additions
Re-roofing permit application
Signs, storefront
Solar - Commercial Solar Permit Process
Solar - Guide to Successful Electrical Inspection
Spray booth
Sprinkler systems                                                      Transmission towers                                                                                                          





City of Milwaukee Department of Administration Director Sharon Robinson 

 M, T, Th, F 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM

 W Closed to the Public 

 Plan Exam & Permits, 809 N. Broadway, 1st Floor, Milwaukee, WI 53202


Email: [email protected]


This site is powered by the Northwoods Titan Content Management System