Neighborhood Clean-Up Box Request
All neighborhood clean-up boxes for 2023 have been reserved.
City of Milwaukee Sanitation Services is pleased to provide roll-off boxes (dumpsters) for neighborhood cleanups. These boxes are limited for use during organized neighborhood cleanups, they are not for use by individuals, businesses, churches, and schools. As the organizer, you are responsible for monitoring the box and reporting any illegal dumping to your police district.
The following items cannot be placed in the provided containers:
- Construction debris (lumber, concrete, dirt)
- Building Materials (roofing, drywall, tiles, paint, etc.)
- Hazardous Waste (paint thinner, pesticides, used motor oil, etc.)
- Large Appliances (refrigerators, stoves, washers, etc.)
- Yard Waste (tree branches, brush, leaves, grass, and garden debris)
- Electronics (TV's, stereos, computers, printers, DVD players, etc.).
These items, except hazardous waste, can be taken to Drop Off Centers at 3879 W. Lincoln or 6660 N Industrial Rd.
There are charges for tires, TV's, and vehicle sizes based on volume.
If you have any questions regarding your neighborhood box reservation, please call 414-286-3345.
Donation Opportunities: Many Milwaukee shelters and organizations accept new and gently-used donations of clothing, shoes, homegoods, furnishings, building materials and other items. Some organizations also offer pick up services. Consider some of these donation options before scheduling your weekend box.
If your neighborhood wishes to schedule a group cleanup, please visit Keep Greater Milwaukee Beautiful online or call (414) 272-5462 for clean-up bags, gloves, or to borrow a limited number of clean-up tools (rakes, shovels, brooms).