Elderly & Disabled Assistance
Garbage & Recycling Carts
A senior citizen or person who is not physically able to roll the cart to the curb and back and has no other able-bodied person in the household to do this will be given a Hardship designation. A Sanitation employee will retrieve the cart from its storage area, empty it, and return it to the storage area.
Medical documentation for the applicant and all members of the household is required to recieve a hardship designation.
For information on these services, call (414) 286-CITY (2489), email Sanitation@milwaukee.gov.
Sidewalk Snow Assistance
- Owner-occupied single family home
- All residents must be physically unable to remove snow from their sidewalk
- Documentation must be submitted for each resident. Residents currently receiving cart hardship service do not have to resubmit documentation.
Application for Service
- One time charge for season
- Fee based on length of property sidewalk, either less than 100 feet or more than 100 feet
- Fee per Snow Event of 4 inches or more
- Fee based on each 60 feet of property sidewalk
All applications must be received by October 15, 2021
Visit Snow Resources for additional snow removal options.
For questions regarding the Snow Sidewalk Clearing Program email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 414-286-3517. Staff are not available during or one day following a snow event.