- Department Mission
- Department Functions
To fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the City Treasurer, who serves as the chief revenue collection and investment officer of the City of Milwaukee, as set forth in Wisconsin State Statutes, the City of Milwaukee Charter and Code of Ordinances, and Common Council Resolutions.
The City Treasurer is primarily responsible for the following:
- Receiving and accounting for all monies paid to the City.
- Making disbursements that have been vouchered for payment by the City Comptroller.
- Managing and investing City funds not needed to meet current expenditures.
- Collecting all property taxes levied by the respective taxing jurisdictions within the City of Milwaukee.
- Collecting the delinquent property taxes of all taxing jurisdictions within the City of Milwaukee.
- Settling property tax levy collections on a pro-rata basis with the other taxing jurisdictions within the City of Milwaukee and remitting to each their share of the monies collected.
Executive Office and Administration Division
- Budget Administration
- Communications and Information Services
- Contract Administration
- Facilities Management
- Information Systems Development and Support
- Office Administration
- Personnel Administration
- Procurement Services
- Records Management Coordination
Customer Services Division
- Administration of the State Lottery & Gaming Credit Program
- Administration of the EFT Installment Payment Plan
- Process All Incoming Mail
- Tax Account Billing and Collection
- Special Improvement Bonds Billing and Collection
- Maintain Tax Account Mailing Addresses
Tax Enforcement Division
- Bankruptcy Administration
- Collection Agent Administration
- Tax Account Maintenance and Coding
- In Rem Tax Foreclosure Filings
- Vacated Judgment Administration
Investments and Financial Services Division
- Daily Bank Deposits
- Cash Management
- Fund Accounting
- Investment Portfolio Management
- Payment Distribution
- Accounts Receivable Billing
- Tax Levy Collection Settlements
Revenue Collection Division
- Revenue Collection
- Cashiering Control