- Department Mission
- Department Functions
To fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the City Treasurer, who serves as the chief revenue collection and investment officer of the City of Milwaukee, as set forth in Wisconsin State Statutes, the City of Milwaukee Charter and Code of Ordinances, and Common Council Resolutions.
The City Treasurer is primarily responsible for the following:
- Receiving and accounting for all monies paid to the City.
- Making disbursements that have been vouchered for payment by the City Comptroller.
- Managing and investing City funds not needed to meet current expenditures.
- Collecting all property taxes levied by the respective taxing jurisdictions within the City of Milwaukee.
- Collecting the delinquent property taxes of all taxing jurisdictions within the City of Milwaukee.
- Settling property tax levy collections on a pro-rata basis with the other taxing jurisdictions within the City of Milwaukee and remitting to each their share of the monies collected.
Executive Office and Administration Division
- Budget Administration
- Communications and Information Services
- Contract Administration
- Facilities Management
- Information Systems Development and Support
- Office Administration
- Personnel Administration
- Procurement Services
- Records Management Coordination
Customer Services Division
- Administration of State Lottery & Gaming Credit Program
- Open, Sort, and Distribute Incoming Mail
- Tax Account Billing and Collection
Tax Enforcement Division
- Bankruptcy Administration
- Tax Account Maintenance
- Tax Enforcement and Collection
Investments and Financial Services Division
- Cash Management
- Fund Accounting
- Investment Portfolio Management
- Payment Distribution
- Tax Levy Collection Settlements
Revenue Collection Division
- Cashiering Control
- Revenue Collection