Bookmark and Share

Farmers' Markets 

A  Farmer's Market Food License is not required to sell food such as raw fruits and vegetables. If an operator is going to be processing or cooking any food items, then a state or city license would be needed. City of Milwaukee Food License Applications are processed by the License Division of the City Clerk's office. State of Wisconsin licenses are processed by the Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection

Information on the Sale of Food at Farmers' Markets

Both the Food License and the original Weighing and Measuring Device License must be displayed at your stand at all times that you are selling. 

Area Farmers' Markets

A listing of area farmers' markets can be found in The Farm Fresh Atlas of Southeast Wisconsin:


Please wait while we gather your results.

Consumer Environmental Health Information

Bed and Breakfast Establishments

Requirements for bed and breakfast establishments.

Convenience Store Security

Requirements of the City of Milwaukee's Convenience Store Security Ordinance.

Farmers' Markets

Information on the sale of food for farmers' market vendors.

Food Inspection Reports

Food establishment inspections, information about our inspection program and explanations of the reports.

Food Safety for Businesses

Signs, fact sheets and links to state and local food codes.

Food Safety for Individuals

Information for individuals and businesses on how to safely handle and cook food.

Mobile Food Establishments

Sanitation requirements for mobile food vendors (food carts/ trucks).

Opening a Food Business

Information about opening a food business in Milwaukee.

Tattoos & Body Piercing

Information for tattoo parlors and piercing shops along with health information for those who are considering or who have just recently gotten tattoos/piercings.

Temporary Events

Sanitation requirements for temporary food vendors at events in Milwaukee.

Weights and Measures

Inspections of weighing or measuring devices operating in the City of Milwaukee.