• Refine Search

  • All Results

Permit Fees

Fees are assessed in accordance with the fee scheduled set forth in the City of Milwaukee Code of Ordinances.  Events in the public right-of-way may require barricades, traffic control signage, meter hoods, or assistance from the Milwaukee Police Department.  The Police Department determines the classification of events - A, B, C, or D - according to the number of police service hours required. Insurance is required for events classified as A, B, or C.  You must submit to the Special Event Permit Office an original certificate of insurance providing minimum combined single limits for bodily injury and property damage of $1,000,000; and naming the City of Milwaukee as additional insured. Private businesses and non-profit organizations, including churches, are charged event fees as they apply. Permit fees must be received at least three days prior to the event. Fees are payable by charge, cash, or a check made payable to "City of Milwaukee."

Neighborhood block parties and most neighborhood festivals are "Class D" events and do not require insurance. Residents organizing a block party receive the use of barricades at no cost.

The permit will be mailed to you after the Permit Office has received your payment, or if there is no fee, after the application is processed. Or, you may arrange to pick up the permit at the office.

If your special event will include food, music or alcohol please see, Additional Special Event Permit Information

This site is powered by the Northwoods Titan Content Management System