Location of event
Anticipated maximum attendance
List types of planned activities. (i.e., bounce house, games, food)
Will food be provided/available? (Yes) (No)
If yes, how will it be served? (note: buffet style and self-serve food is not in compliance with "Moving Milwaukee Forward Order #4")
Will portable restrooms be provided? (Yes) (No)
Indicate the plan for handwashing/hand sanitizing.
What social distancing meaures will be in place?
What is the planned procedure if participants do not comply with social distancing?
Garbage carts $25 each:
Location garbage carts should be placed:
Festival box dumpsters (7'x7'x6'=6 cubic yards):
1-3 dumpsters = $180
4-6 dumpsters = $360
7-9 dumpsters =$540
Location dumpsters should be placed:
Upload diagram if necessary:
State law and city ordinance (79-35) require all events to recycle the following items: bottles and jars made of glass or plastic (#1 and #2 only- no cups), metal cans, and cardboard.
Describe the recycling plan for this event.
Upload the completed Special Event Approval Petition here.
Permit Application Requirements and Additional Information
- Noise Variance Permit - issued by the Department of Neighborhood Services for amplified sound in conjunction with an event. They can be reached at (414) 286-3280.
- Alcoholic beverages; food; sale of non-food items such as T-shirts; or if you will have carnival rides - contact the City Clerk’s License Division at (414) 286-2238.
- Permits for tents larger than 600 square feet and having two or more sides, bleachers, non-chemical portable toilets, fireworks, carnival rides and use of LP gas are issued by the Department of City Development. They can be reached at (414) 286-8211.
Other permits which may be necessary for your event include:
- Fees vary with the size and nature of the event and equipment and services requested. The Police Department determines the classification of events - A, B, C, or D - according to the number of police service hours required. By ordinance, applicants for Class A, B and C events must furnish with the application fee an original certificate of insurance which provides minimum combined single limits for bodily injury and property damage of $1,000,000, naming the City of Milwaukee as additional insured. A complete copy of the ordinance is available from the Special Event Permit Office. Private businesses and non-profit organizations, including churches, are charged event fees. By ordinance, fees are due within five days after the application has been approved by the Department of Public Works, the Milwaukee Police Department and the local alderperson. Fees are payable by cash, charge, or a check made payable to “City of Milwaukee.”
- The permit holder is responsible for any damage to plantings, grass and irrigation systems on city boulevards and green spaces. A deposit of $500 for the use of each stretch of boulevard and/or green space is required prior to issuance of the permit. An additional deposit may be required for trees. Permit holder is responsible for cleanup of garbage and litter generated by the event.
This permit includes the following provisions to which applicant agrees by signature:
Proposed routes may be altered at the discretion of the Police Department and the Department of Public Works.
In addition to the petition, flyers which detail the event must be distributed to those living and/or working in the area at least five days prior to the event. The flyer must include the nature of the event, date, time, and contact information for a representative who can answer questions or concerns relative to the event. The flyer and a list of recipients must be attached to this application upon submittal.Applications are to be submitted at least 30 days prior to the event- except Downtown events, which must be submitted at least 90-days prior to the event. To ensure community support, applicants are required to submit a neighborhood notification and approval petition with each application. Signatures must be obtained from those who will be directly affected by the event.
I, the [applicant, requestor, etc.] for this Special Event Permit Application, warrant the truthfulness of the information provided in this application. This permit is subject to the Milwaukee Code of Ordinances, the City Charter and all rules and regulations governing street rights-of-way. The applicant agrees to indemnify and save harmless the City from and against all liabilities, claims, demands, judgments, losses and all suits at law or in equity, cost and expenses, including reasonable attorney fees, for injury or death of any person or loss or damage to the property of any person firm, organization or corporation, including both parties hereto and their employees, arising from the holding of such special event. The applicant agrees that during the use of the public area, the sponsoring organization will not exclude any person from participation in, deny anyone the benefits of, or otherwise subject anyone to discrimination because of race, color, national origin or handicap.
I understand that checking this box constitutes a legal signature confirming that I acknowledge and agree to the above Terms of Acceptance.
* Electronic Signature: