Stop Illegal Dumping - Report It Get Rewarded!
Illegal dumping is a burden to residents and a blight on our beautiful city. Don't let illegal dumping ruin your neighborhood. Report it and you could be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.
Help stop illegal dumping
in your neighborhood
by reporting it.
Call (414) 286-CITY
Report It Online
If you do not provide sufficient details to complete an illegal dumping investigation, the case will be referred to DNS as a general garbage complaint.
A reward of up to $1,000 will be
paid to the person providing
sufficient information that
leads to a citation.
View Program Details
Stop illegal dumping by reporting WHO, WHAT, WHERE and WHEN.
If you see illegal dumping in progress, please do not confront the individual(s). Write down the details and the description of the suspect(s), vehicle make and model, license plate, the items dumped, address/location, and the date and time of the incident.
Penalties of Illegal Dumping
• Citation of up to $5,000 for illegal dumping
Common Illegal Dumping Violations
• Dumping household trash or yard waste on a vacant lot
• For-profit trash/junk collectors dumping in unauthorized locations
• Construction and demolition waste dumped in or near unauthorized dumpsters
• Dumping or pouring oil, grease, chemicals or hazardous waste down strom drains or man holes
The Cost of Illegal Dumping
• Environmental Cost - disrupts and destroys nature, land and water
• Social Cost - decreases neighborhood pride and attracts other criminal activities
• Health Cost - attracts rodents, vermin and insects
• Financial Cost - taxpayer dollars used to remove illegally dumped materials
Dispose of Waste the Right Way
On Your Regular Garbage Collection Day
1 cubic yard of bulky items (the size of a recliner) may be put at your regular collection point for pickup on your regular day.
Contact DPW for a Special Pickup
Place items at your collection point and then request a special pickup online or call (414) 286-CITY (2489). Fee is $50 for 1-4 cubic yards and $150 for 4-6 cubic yards.
Take items to a Drop Off Disposal Center
Drop off bulky waste items at a Drop Off Disposal Center (fees may apply). You can also dispose of electronics, appliances, and tires for recycling.
Construction and Demo Waste Disposal
Items can be taken to a Drop Off Disposal Center for a limited fee or collected via a pre-paid request. Call 286-CITY (2489) for additional info and fees.
Household Hazardous Waste Disposal
MMSD offers Year-Round Drop-Off and Mobile Collections. Drop off old and unused household hazardous waste and help keep our land, and our water, a little cleaner.