Where can I find the MKE Mobile Action app?
The MKE Mobile Action app can be downloaded from the Google Play store on Android devices and in the App Store on Apple devices. Open your mobile device’s app store and search “MKE Mobile Action”. Download and install MKE Mobile Action to begin using it.
NOTE: The MKE Mobile Action app tends to show up fairly far down in the list of search results in the Google Play Store. Other helpful search terms include Milwaukee Mobile Action, MKE Mobile, Milwaukee Services, and Milwaukee UCC.
What does the app cost?
The app is free to download and use for Android and iPhone users.
Why is my contact information required? What if I want to remain anonymous?
Basic contact information is required for certain request types so that an agent will be able to contact you in the event that more information is needed or any information needs to be verified. If you’d like to remain anonymous, simply toggle the "Submit publicly?" switch on the submittal screen from "On" to "Off." Your request will then only be visible to you and to City of Milwaukee staff who are helping to resolve your issue, request or complaint.
What happens to a service request once it has been submitted?
Your service request will be routed to the appropriate department.
What happens to my request if I close out of the app?
If the request has not been submitted yet, the information will not be saved and the request will need to be reentered unless you’ve saved it as a draft. If you saved the request as a draft or have already submitted the request, it should be listed in the My Reports section of the app’s home screen.
What happens to my request if my phone freezes before it is submitted?
If you haven’t submitted the request your service request information will be deleted unless you’ve saved it as a draft. The request will need to be re-entered once your mobile device is functioning properly.
What service requests can I submit using the mobile app?
You can submit a wide array of service requests using the MKE Mobile Action app. Select “+ Request Service” from the app’s home screen for a current listing of mobile service requests.
The previous version of this app only supported a few request types - this version supports every request type available for public submittal!
Another way to find a request type to submit is to use the keyword search. On iOS devices (like iPhones), tap "+ Request Service" on the home screen. On the "Select an Issue" screen, pull the screen down to reveal a keyword search box at the very top. On Android devices, tap "+ Request Service" on the home screen, and then tap the magnifying glass in the upper right corner of the "Select an Issue" screen to reveal a keyword search box. In the keyword search box, type a word to reveal request types related to that term.
How will I know my request was submitted?
A message will appear on the app screen confirming your request was submitted.
On iOS devices (like iPhones), you can view requests you have submitted by tapping "Nearby" in the footer of the app, then tapping "Filters" on the "Nearby" screen at the top right, and then toggling the "Your Requests" switch near the bottom of the screen fron "Off" to "On." Finally, tap "Apply" at the top right to view requests you have submitted.
On Android devices, you can view requests you have submitted by tapping the the three-line menu icon (commonly referred to as a "hamburger" menu icon) in the upper left corner of the screen, then selecting "Nearby Requests" from the menu. Tap "Filter" in the upper right corner, and then switch the toggle by "Your Requests at the bottom of the screen from "Off" to "On." Finally, tap "Apply" at the top right to view requests you have submitted.
If you have created an account, and you are logged into your account when you submit a request, you will also receive an email confirming that the service request was received.
How can I track my request once it has been submitted?
When a request is submitted in the mobile app, a 7-digit request number will appear on the screen with your request submittal confirmation message. Additionally, if you create an account and are logged into your account when you submit a request, you will receive an email that contains the request number. There are a couple of different ways you can track the status of your service request:
- Look Up Submitted Requests Using the MKE Mobile Action app
- Open the MKE Mobile Action app on your device.
- On iOS devices (like iPhones), tap "Nearby" at the bottom of the screen, then tap "Filters" in the upper right corner, and then switch the toggle next to "Your Requests" at the bottom from "Off" to "On." Tap "Apply" to view requests you submitted.
- On Android devices, tap the three-line menu icon (or "hamburger" menu icon as it is sometimes called) at upper left, then tap "Nearby Requests" in the menu which appears. Then tap "Filter." Finally, switch the toggle next to "Your Requests" from "Off" to "On." Tap "Apply" to view requests you've submitted.
- Select the service request you’d like to check the status of and note its request number (a 7-digit number).
- Contacting the City of Milwaukee Unified Call Center
- Dial (414) 286-CITY to be connected to a UCC call agent.
- Provide the call center agent with the request number listed in the app or that you received via email after submitting the request.
- The UCC call agent will look up the request and provide you with a status update.
The City is working on enabling request status to flow from City divisions' workflow applications back into Click4Action and the MKE Mobile Action app so that you can look them up in those applications directly.
Do I have to upload photos with my requests?
Photos are not required but can be helpful depending on the type of request.
How do I update my contact information?
On iOS devices, tap "Profile" at the bottom right, update your contact information, and then tap "Save" at the top right.
On Android devices, tap the three-line menu icon (or "hamburger" icon) in the upper left, then tap "Profile" in the menu which appears. Update your contact information. Then tap the checkmark in the upper right corner to save your changes.
How can I specify or edit the location of the request?
On iOS devices, once you have selected a request type to enter, on the Issue Location screen, if your device's GPS is enabled, your location will be shown on the map.
- If you wish to enter an address instead of using the address that automatically populates from GPS data, simply tap the X in the upper right corner.
- Then type the address you wish to enter in the address line at the top of the screen.
- Then tap the "Search" button at bottom right and the location you have chosen will be displayed.
On Android devices, once you have selected a request type to enter, on the Issue Location screen, if your device's GPS is enabled, your location will be shown on the map.
- If you wish to enter an address instead of using the address that automatically populates from GPS data, simply tap the text "Where is the issue located?" at the top of the screen.
- Type the address you wish to enter in the address line at the top of the screen.
- When you finish typing, tap the checkmark at the top right corner. The location you have typed will be added to the request.
Select “Location” and drag the map to the exact or approximate address. If your phone’s GPS is enabled, the location will be shown on the map. If the address is incorrect, adjust the crosshairs on the map to get a more accurate address/location. You can also touch the magnifying glass at the top and enter in an address.
What information is required for submitting a service request?
The information required for each request will vary depending on the service request type. The location of the request and contact information must be provided for all service requests.
Do I have to be connected to WiFi to use the app?
The app can be used as long as your device has data capabilities. A WiFi connection is not required but it is recommended.
Who do I contact with technical questions about the app?
What should I do if I find a bug?