Fetal Infant Mortality Review (FIMR)
FIMR is a multidisciplinary case review of all infant deaths and stillbirths occurring in the city of Milwaukee. Data are abstracted on all deaths, and approximately 20% of all deaths are selected for review by the Case Review Team (CRT). The team consists of a diverse group of professionals (medical, public health, social service professionals) and community members. The team reviews the life and death circumstances of mothers and their babies to identify:
- Factors contributing directly or indirectly to the death,
- Opportunities to improve medical and community service systems for pregnant women, infants and families with young children.
The goals of FIMR are to:
- Examine factors associated with stillbirths and infant deaths through case reviews.
- Identify specific areas of action and make recommendations for action.
- Assist in planning interventions and policies to address and improve service systems and community resources.
- Assist and participate in community implementation of interventions and policies.
- Assess the progress of interventions
View more information on the main Infant Mortality webpage. Questions can be sent to: [email protected]