August 14, 2019 - 10:05 am - Map Milwaukee Portal technical difficulties have been resolved. Please email any questions or concerns to, firstname.lastname@example.org.
GIS web services can be thought of as the City of Milwaukee's library of maps and GIS tools, made available to the interent. We currently offer two kinds of GIS Web services to the internet: map services, and geocoding services.
A map service is an internet resource that makes maps, features, and attribute data available to the web. We publish a number of map services, and many are made easily available to you through our map applications. Map services not automatically available in an application can be added to any application, or accessed directly using ArcGIS Desktop.
A geocoding service takes input information, such as an address or taxkey, and identifies a point on the map that represents that input. These web services can also be used by ArcGIS Desktop users.
GIS Web Service Documentation
For the most current information about our services, use the following documentation:
- Names and descriptions of services.
- Map layers included in each service.
- Links to REST endpoints - more details about each service.
- Step-by-step guide to accessing Map Milwaukee services with ArcGIS Desktop.
- Step-by-step guide to adding map services (aka layers) to Map Milwaukee applications.