THANK YOU TO OUR PARTNERS!
- Social Development Commission (Strategic Partner)
- Milwaukee Fatherhood Initiative
- City of Milwaukee
- Office of the Mayor
- Milwaukee Health Department
- Department of Administration (DOA)
- Office of African Amercan Affairs (OAAA)
- Milwaukee Fatherhood FIRE (Strategic Partner)
- Housing Authority of Milwaukee
- Jump at the Sun (Strategic Partner)
- Employ Milwaukee
- New Concept Self Development Center
- Northcott Neighborhood House
- St. Charles Youth and Family Services
About Milwaukee Fatherhood Initiative
The Milwaukee Fatherhood Initiative (MFI) was launched in 2005 with the support of many business, faith-based, philanthropic and other community partners.
MISSION: The Milwaukee Fatherhood Initiative is a collaborative partnership dedicated to promoting the positive involvement of both parents in the lives of their children.
- Human dignity and respect
- Equity and inclusion
- Advocacy and empowerment
- Commitment, integrity and trust
- Increased engagement between fathers and their children and families
- Increased access to employment opportunities and quality of life services
- Enhanced skills in problem solving and emotional well being
To date the MFI has connected more than 12,000 Milwaukee men to resources to help them better meet the social, emotional and financial needs of their children and families. MFI services include: parenting, child support interest debt relief, driver’s license recovery, employment, education, health, and more. Over 95% of program participants are African American and other males on color. The Milwaukee Fatherhood Summit is the largest annual gathering of men in the state.