The City of Milwaukee wants to support you and your family during this difficult time. This page has resources and contacts for questions you may have about the situation.


You can find the history of DNR’s monitoring of this site on the BRRTS (Bureau for Remediation and Redevelopment Tracking System) on the Web. ​​​​​​​

Local Milwaukee Resources  

Call 211 for more information about food, baby formula, and other immediate assistance you may need 

  • Milwaukee County food pantries: text MKEFOOD to 898211  

  • Parenting Network – Parent Helpline: (414) 671-0566  

  • 24-Hour Domestic Violence Hotline (Sojourner Family Peace Center)  
    Call: (414) 933-2722 / Text: (414) 877-8100 

  • Wisconsin Humane Society Pet Food Pantry (pet food, cat litter, and other pet supplies)  
    4500 W Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53208 
    (414) 264-6257 

If you want to talk to someone about your situation: 

Milwaukee Center for Independence (MSFI) Crisis Resource Centers 
The Crisis Resource Centers are community-based psychiatric programs that support people experiencing a crisis precipitated by mental illness, substance abuse, or the challenges of living in difficult economic times.  

Monday through Friday: 7:30 am-4:30 pm 
Phone: (414) 476-9675 
Email: [email protected] 

Crisis Resource Center - South 
2057 S 14th St, Milwaukee, WI 53204 

Crisis Resource Center - North 
5409 W Villard Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53218 

Crisis Resource Center - West 
5566 N 69th St, Milwaukee, WI 53218 


National Alliance Mental Illness of Southeast Wisconsin 
Text “NAMI” to 741741 for 24/7, confidential, free crisis counseling. 
Milwaukee County Crisis Intervention (24/7): (414) 257-7222 
If your child is struggling after this event, you can call the Children’s Mobile Crisis Team: (414) 257-7621 


American Red Cross 

Casework Hotline: 866-515-4548 

Voicemail box is monitored 24/7 

Response 7am to 9pm. Please identify yourself as CWC Resident. 


Local Housing Resources:  

These organizations can explain your legal rights while renting and help provide support in finding a new rental unit.  

  • Milwaukee Rental Housing Resource Center: 
  • Community Advocates: (414) 449-4777  
  • Legal Aid Society of Milwaukee: (414) 727-5300 

Addtional Contacts

Questions about Trichloroethylene (TCE) & Your Health?

Curtis Hedman, Ph.D. 
Research Scientist-Toxicologist 
Bureau of Environmental and Occupational Health 
Division of Public Health, Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) 
Phone: (608) 287-4152  
Email: [email protected] 

Addtional Contact: 

WI Poison Control Center

General number (800) 222-1222

Questions about the CWC Building History and Environmental Contamination?


Jane K. Pfeiffer
Hydrogeologist - Remediation & Redevelopment Program 
Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR) 
Phone: (414) 435-8021
Email: [email protected]

Questions about Connecting to Local Resources in Milwaukee?

Milwaukee Health Department Emergency Response

Phone: (414) 335-3667 



This site is powered by the Northwoods Titan Content Management System