Traffic Accident and Crash Reports
For copies of Wisconsin MV4000 accident reports See Wisconsin Crash Reports.
"Reportable" traffic accident reports, completed by Milwaukee Police Department (MPD), will be available from MPD Open Records Section generally within 14 days of the incident. To obtain a report:
Search online or call to verify that your report was completed by MPD and is available. Please have the case number, name or date of accident for verification.
Step 2: Request report
- By phone: (414) 935-7502
- In-person: Open Records Office
Monday, Wednesday, Friday - 7:30 am - 3:30 pm
2333 N. 49th Street (2nd Floor)
Milwaukee, WI 53210
Non-reportable accident forms - City of Milwaukee
Milwaukee Police Department (MPD) may retain some documents pertaining to accidents in which law enforcement investigation was necessary (e.g. fatal accidents, supplements to accident reports, OWI reports).
A non-reportable accident is any accident that does not:
- result in injury or death to any person,
- damage government-owned non-vehicle property to an apparent extent of $200 or more,
- result in total damage to property owned by any one person to an apparent extent of $1000 or more.
Request your non-reportable accident form by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Records Section
Milwaukee Police Department
PO Box 531
Milwaukee, WI 53201
Crash Reports (MV4000)
All accident reports, completed by MPD officers can be requested by contacting LexisNexis or the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) by using the below methods:
- Wisconsin Department of Transportation