- CONSTRUCTION UPDATES
- CONTACT US
The Department of Public Works will conduct a rehabilitation project on West Cameron Avenue bridge over the Lincoln Creek. Work began in mid-June and is anticipated to be completed at the end of October 2021. All work is weather dependent and subject to change.
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Remove and replace existing deck, abutment backwalls, and sidewalk
- Sandblast and paint existing steel girders and other structural steel components
- Upgrade street lighting and underground conduit
- Install a new bridge railing
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING CONSTRUCTION
Traffic: West Cameron Avenue will be closed to thru traffic between North 31st Street and North 30th Street for both motorists and pedestrians. Traffic will be maintained on North 31st Street and North 30th Street.
Driveway Access: Driveway access to residential properties and businesses will remain open.
Parking Information: On-street parking within the project limits will be restricted throughout the duration of the project.
Bus Route: There are no impacts to MCTS bus routes.
Construction Hours: Work is allowed Monday - Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
We aim to provide construction updates every two weeks throughout the duration of the project. Updates will be posted here and sent to those who have signed up through the project website. All work is weather dependent and subject to change.
Start Date: June 14, 2021
Anticipated Completion: End of October 2021
- Starting today, West Cameron Avenue Bridge is open to pedestrians and motorists. Majority of the work has been completed on this bridge rehabilitation project. The contractor is finishing the remaining minor items. Thank you for your patience throughout this construction project. Posted 10/21/21
- The painting operation on West Cameron Avenue bridge was completed last week. The sidewalk, curb and roadway approaches will be built this week. During the week of October 11th, the contractor is planning to install the bridge railing and expansion joint. Landscape work will also take place next week. Asphalt paving for the remaining road work is scheduled for Friday, October 15th. We anticipate opening the bridge to traffic during the week of October 18th. Posted 10/6/21
- The painting operation on West Cameron Avenue bridge will take place over the next two weeks. In addition, crews will pour concrete for new sidewalk, curb and a portion of the roadway approaches. Asphalt surface will be done for the remaining roadway segment during the first week of October. Landscape work and bridge railing installation is scheduled for early October. We anticipate opening the bridge to traffic by mid-October. Posted 9/22/21
- The concrete superstructure components of the bridge will be completed by the end of this week when the crews pour the concrete light blisters for street lighting. The contractor will strip and seal the bridge following Labor day. During the week of September 13th, the roadway approaches will be removed and graded, and electrical conduit will be installed. Posted 9/1/21
Bearing pads and wood decking on West Cameron Avenue bridge were installed last week. The contractor is currently installing shear studs and rebar in order to pour the concrete bridge deck by August 20th or early in the week of August 23rd. Following the deck pour, crews will form and pour the sidewalk and light blisters. The light blisters are the supports for the street lights on the bridge. The installation of the bridge joint cover plate is scheduled for early September. Posted 8/19/21
- The abutment backwalls and wingwalls on West Cameron Avenue bridge were completed last week (7/26). Storm sewer repair work is scheduled to take place this week (8/2). The contractor will install bearing pads and shear studs and touch up paint on the girder top flange throughout the week of August 9th. Wood decking (formwork) and rebar will be set in place during the week of August 16th in preparation to pour the concrete bridge deck on August 20th. Posted 8/4/21
- The top flanges were prepped and coated during the week of July 12th. Currently, the abutment backwalls and wingwalls on West Cameron Avenue bridge are being formed and concrete will be poured during the week of July 26th. Conduit installation and sewer repair work will need to be completed before the area is backfilled and dampproofed. Bridge deck work will follow. Posted 7/22/21
- Demolition of the West Cameron Avenue Bridge started last week (6/21) and continues into this week with the removal of the abutment backwalls and wingwalls. Over the next two weeks, crews will set up forms, add rebar, and pour concrete for the new abutment backwalls and wingwalls. Once completed, conduit will be installed, and the area will be backfilled and dampproofed. Posted 7/1/21
- The rehabilitation project on West Cameron Avenue Bridge began on Monday, June 14th with traffic control set up. As a reminder, the bridge will be closed to pedestrians and motorists throughout construction. Crews have finished setting up erosion control and will begin sawing pavement this week. Bridge demolition and structural excavation will continue into the following week. The contractor will start removing the bridge abutment backwalls during the week of June 28th with the forming of the new abutment backwalls to follow at the end of the week and after the 4th of July holiday. Posted 6/15/21
- The rehabilitation project on the West Cameron Avenue bridge over the Lincoln Creek is scheduled to begin Monday, June 14th. The bridge will be closed to pedestrian and vehicular traffic throughout construction. Posted 6/8/21