Milwaukee Health Department Coronavirus COVID-19 updates. Visit Impact 211 website for information or call 2-1-1 for assistance.

Neighborhood Conservation Overlay Zone (NC): Permit Process

No building or grading permit for a building within a Neighborhood Conservation Overlay Zone can be issued unless the use, alteration or construction meets NC standards. Before you can apply for a permit, you must first obtain a Conservation District Review Certificate (CDRC) stating that the proposed work complies with the Conservation District Guidelines. 

To begin this process, call the Development Center at 414.286.8211 to set up an appointment. You will need to submit the proposed scope of work, your plans, material samples or cut sheets, photographs, and any other pertinent information. If your proposal meets the Neighborhood Conservation District standards, the CDRC will be issued. Upon receipt of the CDRC, you may then apply for the appropriate building permit at the Development Center.

Quick Links

Please wait while we gather your results.
No documents were found matching your criteria.
This site is powered by the Northwoods Titan Content Management System