• Refine Search

  • All Results

Barking Dogs or Other Animal Noises

All animal noise complaints should be referred to the Department of Neighborhood Services (DNS). A letter stating the animal's address, the complainant's name, address and phone number and a general description of the problem must be sent to DNS Residential Division, 4001 S. 6th St., Milwaukee, WI 53221. After the DNS verifies both addresses, a warning letter will be issued. The letter will be mailed to the animal owner’s home along with literature and a copy of the applicable ordinance. The landlord will also be notified if necessary. The complainant will then be sent a follow-up letter informing him/her of what was sent to the animal owner along with a petition for commencement of prosecution. If the noise problem continues after the complainant receives the petition, the complainant must document dates and times that it is occurring and return it to DNS. He/she should also try to get at least one person from another household, who is bothered by the noise, to sign the petition. Once DNS receives the petition a citation will be issued only if the complainant is willing to appear in court and face the dog owner. 


City of Milwaukee Department of Administration Director Sharon Robinson 

 Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:45 PM

 Zeidler Municipal Building, 841 N. Broadway, Room 105, Milwaukee, WI 53202

 Lake Tower, 4001 S. 6th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53221



This site is powered by the Northwoods Titan Content Management System