Milwaukee Police Department Safety Division
The Safety Division is located in room 151 of the Safety Academy at 6680 N. Teutonia Avenue. This building is also home to both the Milwaukee Police Department and Milwaukee Fire Department Recruit training programs.
The purpose and function of the Safety Division is:
- Establish standards and conduct studies to determine locations to place school crossing guards
- Reevaluate whether relocation or discontinuation of crossing guard service is warranted
- Review findings with the Safety Commission and make recommendations to the Common Council the need for crossing guards based on the established standards
- Administer the school crossing guard program
- Furnish children, industrial workers, official and nonofficial groups with educational materials such as publications, films, radio and television announcements
- Provide exhibits for the promotion of safety within the financial resources established by the Common Council
- Oversee the defensive driving course is conducted in accordance with the program guidelines adopted by Common Council resolution
The Safety Division office is open 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.