Posted June 13, 2013
Avoid heat-related illness or death by staying aware and prepared when it comes to hot temperatures this summer.
• Click here to go to our Hot Weather Safety page for information on area "Cool Spots" and heat-safety tips.
Posted May 10, 2013
State health officials have activated the toll-free Dead Bird Reporting Hotline in order to track possible West Nile virus activity. If you find a dead bird, call (800) 433-1610.
• How to report a dead bird
• West Nile general information
Posted May 3, 2013
When the temperature rises, so do the number of injuries reporting to area hospitals and clinics. Help avoid making that trip to the hospital for yourself and your family by reviewing ways to stay safe and injury-free this summer.
• Go to our Injury Avoidance and Personal Safety web page for more information.
Posted April 12, 2013
The City of Milwaukee Health Department alerts Milwaukee residents to the Centers for Disease Control Level 1 travel watch, asking those traveling to and from China to remain vigilant in common health practices and hygiene.
• Click here to read more on the CDC's web page.
• Click here for our Situational Update on the A(H7N9) virus.
Click here for more information.