In Business Improvement Districts (BIDs), property owners in designated geographic areas voluntarily collect annual assessments which are spent on projects that enhance the local business environment. These may include improvements to the streetscape, marketing efforts, business recruitment activity, and security programs.
- BID 28, North Avenue Gateway BID map
- BID 29, Atkinson Ave, Capitol Drive & Teutonia Ave. BID map
- BID 32, North Avenue Market Place BID map
- BID 37, 30th Street Industrial Corridor BID map
- BID 39, Center Street Market Place BID map
The Targeted Investment Neighborhood (TIN) program is a neighborhood revitalization strategy in which the City of Milwaukee, working with a neighborhood community partner, focuses resources in a relatively small area (6 to 12 city blocks) in an effort to stabilize and increase owner-occupancy, strengthen property values and improve the physical appearance of a neighborhood. A map and more information about the Century City TIN is available here.