The City of Milwaukee Towed Vehicle Search will return search results of vehicles towed to the City of Milwaukee Tow Lot. If your vehicle was towed from private property or if your vehicle does not appear in the search results plesae call (414) 286-2700 for assistance with locating your vehicle.
Notices of Towing
- Abandoned vehicles parked in excess of 24 hours will be placarded. A placard is an orange sticker placed on the windshield of a vehicle that serves as a towing warning. After a vehicle is placarded, a notice is sent to the registered owner of the vehicle. A vehicle that obtains a placard will be towed after 72 hours if the vehicle is not moved.
- 1st Notice: Once a vehicle is towed, a notice will be sent to the vehicle owner. If the owner does not retrieve the vehicle within 15 days from the notice, the vehicle may be recycled.
- 2nd Notice: A second notice is sent to the vehicle owner if the vehicle is of substantial value. If the owner does not retrieve the vehicle within 15 days of this second notice, it may be sold or recycled.
How To Reclaim a Towed Vehicle
To reclaim a vehicle you must bring the following:
- A valid driver's license (if you are driving the vehicle from the lot). If you do not have a driver's license, you must have a valid state-issued photo ID and be accompanied by someone with a valid driver's license.
- Proof of valid vehicle liability Insurance. A valid insurance card containing the name of the insurance carrier, insured and vehicle information (make, model, year and VIN) is required. Uninsured vehicles are driven off the lot by City personnel, and owners are subject to a $25 relocation moving fee.
- To retrieve a vehicle on behalf of an owner, you must have the vehicle title, a valid driver's license, and a properly notarized letter from the owner authorizing you to retrieve the vehicle. The notarized letter must identify the vehicle by color, make, model, VIN, license plate number, and tow number. If you do not have a valid driver's license, you must have a valid state issued ID and be accompanied by someone with a valid driver's license.
- Sample of a properly notarized letter.
- Accumulated towing and storage fees must be paid in full before a vehicle may be released.
- Acceptable forms of payment are:
- money order or cashier's check made payable for the exact amount due
- MasterCard or Visa (credit cards must belong to the person using it)
- PERSONAL CHECKS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- The towing fee is $105.00
- The flatbed towing fee is $125.00, when a flatbed tow is required
- The relocation moving fee is $25.00 for uninsured drivers
- The outdoor vehicle storage fee is $20.00/calendar day
- The indoor vehicle storage fee is $30.00/calendar day
- To dispute the legality of your tow, you may obtain a review by the Parking Citation Review Manager at 951 N. James Lovell Drive, 2nd Floor.
- Business Hours: M - F from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon and 1:00 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. (walk-in only).
Private Property Parking Enforcement
Information about parking enforcement on private property