July, 2014 - Reference Map Modifications
Over the last few weeks we have seen a slowing in application performance (bad thing), likely due to increased use of the Map Milwaukee applications and services (good thing). To make immediate improvements, we have made a few modifications to Property Information:
- Gray parcels have been removed from the reference base map. Parcel outlines are still visible as an operational layer.
- House number labels have been turned off by default. Both house number and taxkey labels are still available via map themes (drop-down at upper right) and the layer list. But note that turning on either of these labels will have a negative effect on performance.
In the coming weeks, we will be looking into options to maximize application performance, information, and usability. Stay tuned for updates, or subscribe to Map Milwaukee News with E-notify.
Looking for more maps?
Need a map layer not automatically available in one of the applications? You have the option of adding map layers from any Map Milwaukee Services (or the internet, for that matter). Here are some documents to help you out:
- Step-by-step guide to added map services as layers to Map Milwaukee applications.
- Names and descriptions of services.
- Map layers included in each service.
- Links to REST endpoints - more details about each service.
New Map Milwaukee applications require the Silverlight plug-in for your browser. If you do not already have Silverlight, you will be prompted to install it when you start the new Map Milwaukee application. Or, you can verify and install/upgrade Silverlight on your system before launching a new Map Milwaukee application.
Tips and Tricks
- Using Map Milwaukee: Property Information, view property data and export it as a CSV file, which can be opened in Microsoft Excel.
- Updated: May, 2014