Yard Waste Collection
For City of Milwaukee residents in single family homes, duplexes, or apartments with up to 4 units.
Brush and Branches
Brush and branches include woody stalks from pruning and branches up to 6” in diameter. Brush collection can be requested April - November.
- Place up to 2 cubic yards (size of a couch) at the curb for collection.
- Request a pickup online or call (414) 286-CITY (2489).
All other yard debris including grass clippings, weeds, and logs larger than 6" in diameter must be composted or grass cycled or brought to a Drop Off Disposal Center.
Fall Leaf Collection
Rake leaves into the street from October 1 through November 20. Prior to or after the curbside collection, residents must take leaves to the Drop Off Disposal Centers.
- Bulk leaf collection of loose leaves is preferred. Never use plastic bags. Paper bags are acceptable.
- Do not put brush in the leaf piles. Keep these items separate and call (414) 286-CITY (2489) for a special collection.
- Keep piles away from sewer grates, storm drains, and low hanging trees.
- Keep leaves 1 foot away from the curb.
- Include yard debris such as flowers and plants on top of the leaf pile
- Do not include pumpkins, plastic bags, garbage, or any other items.
- Consider mulching leaves in place as an alternative way to handle leaves.