Bookmark and Share

 District Four

6929 W Silver Spring Dr - 935-7243

Night Parking Permission

Parking is permitted without a permit for temporary basis for special circumstances, but no more than 3 times in a 30 day period. Permission may be granted each night by calling 414-286-8350 between 8:00am and 1:00am Sunday through Friday or via their website . Have the following information available when calling: (1) License Plate Number, and (2) Address where the vehicle is parked. Please be mindful of Winter Parking Restrictions. You must have valid registration to be parked on City of Milwaukee streets.  

Permits can be purchased on the Department of Public Works website, or at one of the 3 Violations Bureau locations, City Tow Lot, or Police District Stations. Disabled Night Permits can only be obtained at the Police District Stations, and the disabled person is only alloted 1 Disabled Night Permit a year. The disabled person must be the one to request the Disabled Night Parking Permit, the vehicle registration must be valid, and must have either the BLUE disabled placard or disabled plates. No Disabled Parking Permits are given for the temporary (red) or caregiver (green) permits.

For further information on night parking and permits you can go to the City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works website .

Chronic Nuisance Information

 The City of Milwaukee’s Chronic Nuisance Property Code 80-10-2 was passed in early 2001 to address the negative of this issue on the community. Chronic Nuisance aggravates and pushes away law abiding residences, discourages the reinvestment in the community, and utilizes a lot of police and other City services.

To help control and prevent chronic nuisance in your community, there are resources to assist you in understand how.
Here are also a few helpful tips when reporting a nuisance property:
  • Use the Address where the problem is at. (DO NOT use your own address when reporting a nuisance property)
  • Associate the nuisance activity to the address. (The person who is the person who lives at the location, or the person who is visiting the location.)
  • Explain in detail the nuisance activity. (Loud music is blaring from the vehicle, is disturbing the peace, and is an on-going issue.)


  1. Three nuisance type calls for police are required before a Nuisance Letter is sent to the owner of the property.
  2. The three calls have to be within, any 30-day period.
  3. Only one nuisance call can be used within a 24-hour time frame.

Once the nuisance letter is sent, the property owner is given a 45-day opportunity to subside the nuisance activity. If the nuisance activity continues, a second opportunity is given to the owner to subside the nuisance activity. Continued problems will generate a charging letter, which lead to charges and or POSSIBLE citations to the owner for $3,211.00.

Additional Information:

Do not assume your neighbor called police.

Do not announce you are going to call police.

All calls made to the Milwaukee Police Department are documented.

You can be anonymous when reporting nuisance activity. Leave a phone number for police to contact should the officer have further questions

Landlord/Tenant Information


The Department of Neighborhood Services (DNS) offers free classes to train landlords the elementary ways to keep illegal activities out of their property. The classes are held year-round at various locations and times. To gather further information, please visit DNS’s Landlord Training Program website.

It is recommended that landlords do background checks on tenants prior to forming a lease. A couple helpful sites to assist with conducting a background check:

  • CCAP
    • Circuit Courts of Wisconsin has public records
  • Municipal Court Records
    • City of Milwaukee public records of cases involving local ordinance violations

Another resource for landlords to do background checks, but also see what types of calls for service are happening at their property is:

Milwaukee Police Department’s Open Records Section – Requests for police open records can be made through this section. Open Records Section is located on the 2nd Floor of District 3 at 2333 N 49th St., and is open Monday – Friday from 9:00am to 2:00pm (Closed Holidays).


DNS offers the Tenant Responsibly Guide brochure in English/Spanish on what the primary responsibilities of tenants are.

DNS also offers information to first time and college student renters called Apartment Life - Keeping It Legal 

Submit a Tip to Milwaukee Police

If you see a crime in progress or need to report an emergency, please call 911.

Milwaukee Police Department tip services are for non-emergency investigative information only and will not generate a radio call or summon police to your location. 

Other Insightful Websites and Resources


Captain Andra Williams

Lieutenants (414) 935-7242

Day Shift (8AM to 4PM)

Early Shift (4PM to 12AM)

Late Shift (12AM to 8AM)

Community Liaison Officer

Tracey Geniesse (414) 935-7248

Carrie Resnick (414) 935-7373

Auxillary and Explorer Program (414) 935-7243

Ronald Edwards