Since 2004 the City of Milwaukee has collected used shoes from numerous locations throughout the metro area. In 2019, KGMB took over administration and utilizes Community Recycling's Shoebox program.
Shoe Drop Off Locations
- Zeidler Municipal Building, 1st fl., 841 N Broadway, 53202
- Keep Greater Milwaukee Beautiful, 1313 W Mount Vernon Ave., 53233
- Urban Ecology Center, 1500 E Park Pl., 53211
- Port of Milwaukee, 2323 S Lincoln Memorial Dr., 53207
If you are interested in becoming a shoe drop off location, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shoe Recycling Instructions
- Must be paired (tie shoe laces or bind with rubber bands).
No damaged, wet, single shoes, metal spikes, flip flops, slippers, dress boots, winter boots, or skates/ roller blades.