SYIP on-line applications are NOW being accepted
- Interns earn $11.52 per hour.
- Interns work Monday through Friday 20 hours per week. [A maximum of 160 hours for the duration of the internship.]
- The internship work assignment begins Thursday, June 3rd and ends Friday, July 30th.
- Interns must commit to work the entire 8-week program. Applicants with plans for summer school, summer camps, family reunions, or who are unable to work the entire 8-week internship are asked not to apply.
Check the requirements below before you apply:
- Youth must be between age 16 (as of June 1, 2021) to 19 years-old.
- Priority is given to place high school juniors and seniors that have not previously participated in the program.
DO YOU MEET THE REQUIREMENTS ABOVE?
- IF YES: start your application
- IF NO: consider applying to the EARN & LEARN Community Work Experience (CWE) program
To APPLY, you MUST complete the following TWO items:
- Complete your Online Application using this link.
- Students must provide their school transcripts along with attendance information and a cover letter
Mail the transcript to:
Summer Youth Internship Program
809 N. Broadway
Milwaukee, WI 53202
- OR -
Fax transcript with attendance information to: 414-286-0851
- OR –
Upload online with application
A COMPLETED APPLICATION INCLUDING THE TRANSCRIPT, ATTENDANCE INFORMATION, AND COVER LETTER MUST BE SUBMITTED BY:
4:00pm on Friday, March 19th