Summer Cool Spots
The Milwaukee Water Works, Milwaukee Recreation and Milwaukee County Parks are promoting supervised places to play in cool water on very hot days this summer.
- The Milwaukee Water Works provides water from a nearby hydrant to a giant sprinkler at Milwaukee Recreation supervised playgrounds for students ages 6-17.
- Cool Spots are open only during citywide heat advisories, Monday-Friday, 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Available June 19 - August 19
- Ben Franklin School, 2308 W. Nash
- Carmen Playfield, 7320 W. Carmen
- Columbia Playfield, 1354 W. Columbia
- Franklin Square, 2643 N. 13th
- Green Bay, 3818 N. 8th
Milwaukee Recreation Wading Pools are open June 19-August 24, Monday-Friday, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and Saturday, 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
All sites will be closed Thursday, July 4th for the Independence Day holiday.
- Burbank, 6035 W. Adler
- Burnham, 1755 S. 32nd
- Enderis, 2938 N. 72nd
- Holt, 1716 W. Holt
- Merrill Park, 461 N. 35th
- Modrzejewski, 1020 W. Cleveland
- Ohio, 974 W. Holt
Milwaukee County Water-based Recreation
Family Water Parks
- Cool Waters in Greenfield Park, 2028 S. 124th St., West Allis, WI 53227
- David F. Schulz Aquatic Center in Lincoln Park, 1301 W. Hampton Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53209
- Pelican Cove in Kosciuszko Park
- Tosa Pool at Hoyt Park (managed by Friends of Hoyt Park and Pool)
- Wading pools and splash pads
- Outdoor pools
- Community center pools
- Boating and McKinley Marina
- Canoeing and kayaking
- Swimming lessons
Here’s a map of Milwaukee County summer cool spots
Guide to Milwaukee Recreation summer activities
Cooling Centers such as air-conditioned libraries, senior centers, City of Milwaukee Housing Authority sites, etc., are available during extreme heat. Check with the City of Milwaukee Health Department for locations.