Bookmark and Share

This page is under construction. 

DNS Info Sheets - Resource Page

Below is a list of information sheets that are available for download below and at the Permit & Development Center.

See also: Building Permit Checklist - Does it Need a Permit?

One and 2-Family Homes

Attic Projects

Asbestos Project Worksheet 

Architect / Design Professional Involvement ? 

Basement Projects

Cautionary statement for home owners pulling permits

Certificate of Compliance ?

Certification of Footings ? 

Certificate of Supervision form ? 

Conversion of Duplex to Single Family

Decks and Porches

Declaration of deed restriction ? 

Draining Roofs and Yards
 (See also: Milwaukee Downspout Disconnection Program)

Historic Property - Certificate of Appropriateness Application (handled by HPC)

Histroic Desgination Process (handled by HPC)

Masonry Cleaning - Exterior

Remodeling Projects

Renewing a building permit


Contractor Information

Contractors, license information (DSPS)

Electrical Contractor License Revision Form

Home Improvement Contractors (License Division)

Home Improvement Contractors License Requirements


Day Cares and Group Homes

Adult Family Homes (AFHs), Group Homes & Community Living Arrangements (CLAs)

Day Care Centers - Building Code Requirements

Family Day Care Homes - Milwaukee Requirements

Family Day Care Homes Analysis Form


Demolition, Deconstruction, Razing

Demo Permit Application

Erosion Control Certification

Erosion Control Check Sheet

Erosion Control for Home Builders

Erosion Control During Construction




Commercial and Multi-Family Properties

Accessibility analysis (info on ADA requirements)

Accessibility analysis/disproportionality worksheet

Air or subterranean space lease petition

Architect / Design Professional Involvement ? 

Asbestos Project Worksheet

Automatic fire extinguishing system

Boiler, Furnace, AC/Refrigeration, and Power Piping Installations

Certificate of Compliance ?

Certification of Footings ? 

Certificate of Supervision Form ? 

Commercial Buidling Alterarions

Declaration of deed restriction ? 

Existing Building Code Analysis Form

Masonry Cleaning - Exterior

Moving a building

New Commercial Buildings & Additions

Renewing a building permit




Conditional Permits

Conditional Certificate of Occupancy before Discretionary Approval is Obtained

Conditional Certificate of Occupancy Request

Conditional Permits before Discretionary Approval is Obtained

Conditional Permit Request



Denial of occupancy certificate - what happens next? 






Additional Helpful Links

Banner (vertical) display permit (handled by DPW)

Block party information (handled by DPW)

Certified survey map and application (handled by DCD)

City Plan Commission

Community Garden Permit Applications

Credit Card Authorization Form

Detailed plan development submittal checklist (handled by DCD)

Development incentive zone application (handled by DCD)

Dupsters in the Public Way

Street and Alley Vacation (handled by DCD)






BOZA - Board of Zoning Appeals

Affidavit for zoning change

Board of Zoning Appeals administrative information

Board of Zoning Appeals denial letter  

Board of Zoning Appeals overview