Elderly & Disabled Assistance
Garbage & Recycling Carts
A senior citizen or person who is not physically able to roll the cart to the curb and back and has no other able-bodied person in the household to do this will be given a Hardship designation. A Sanitation employee will retrieve the cart from its storage area, empty it, and return it to the storage area.
Medical documentation for the applicant and all members of the household is required to recieve a hardship designation.
For information on these services, call (414) 286-CITY (2489), email Sanitation@milwaukee.gov, or print and complete this form.
Sidewalk Snow Assistance
- Owner-occupied single family home
- All residents must be physically unable to remove snow from their sidewalk
- Documentation must be submitted for each resident. Residents currently receiving cart hardship service do not have to resubmit documentation.
Service Option 1 (Application must be received by November 1, 2019: Snow will be removed within 24 hours (48 hours for snow over 8”) from the public sidewalk and from the sidewalk to the front door following any snowfall.
- $180 for properties under 100 linear feet/season
- $225 for properties over 100 linear feet/season
Service Option 2:
Snow will be removed within 24 hours from the public sidewalk ONLY following snowfalls of 4” or more.
- $65 for each 60 linear feet/per event ($130 for 120 linear feet, $195 for 180 linear feet, etc…) when work has been completed
- $10 charge if sidewalk has been completed when the contractor arrives
We encourage you to discuss with neighbors, community group, and church as well.
For questions regarding the Snow Sidewalk Clearing Program email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 414-286-3517. Staff are not available during or one day following an active plowing operation.