WEST GRANGE AVENUE BRIDGE
OVER CANADIAN PACIFIC RAILROAD
REHABILITATION PROJECT

 

Milwaukee Health Department Coronavirus COVID-19 Updates: The City of Milwaukee Health Department is monitoring the novel Coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak. Questions about the coronavirus? Call 2-1-1 for assistance.

  • OVERVIEW
  • SCHEDULE
  • COMMUNITY MEETINGS & DOCUMENTS
  • YOUR FEEDBACK & COMMENTS
  • CONTACT US 

OVERVIEW

The City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works and State of Wisconsin Department of Transportation are planning a rehabilitation project to improve the West Grange Avenue Bridge Over the Canadian Pacific Railroad, which was built in 1976. Around 5,670 vehicles travel on this local roadway between South 9th Street and South 13th Street per day. The proposed work will consist of replacing the concrete deck and roadway approach, repairing the bridge piers and abutments, refurbishing steel components and installing a new railing.

The proposed construction will take place in two stages to maintain traffic in both directions.

FUNDING

Estimated cost of the project is $2 to 2.5 million. Federal aid will pay for 80% of the cost and the City will pay for the remaining 20%. No assessments to property owners are currently anticipated as part of this project. 

MAP

PROJECT SCHEDULE

We are currently in the preliminary design phase. Construction is anticipated to take place in 2022. 

 

COMMUNITY MEETINGS & DOCUMENTS

A traditional Public Information Meeting was not be held due to the potential health risks associated with COVID-19. Surrounding property owners were notified of the project through a mailing with comment forms.

Let us know where you see issues and opportunities for improvement on the West Grange Avenue Bridge! We would like to receive comments by October 31st.

Name 

Address 

Email 

Yes I would like to sign up to receive email updates on this project!

Comment box
 

PROJECT CONTACTS 

Theresa Kubista, Project Manager
414-286-2463
tkubis@milwaukee.gov

Megan O'Connor, Project Liaison
414-708-1433
moconnor@milwaukee.gov

 

Sign up to receive project updates in your inbox!

Name 

Email 

 

This site is powered by the Northwoods Titan Content Management System

Menu

X