SAFETY IMPROVEMENT PROJECT
INTERSECTION: CENTER, LISBON AND 60TH

Milwaukee Health Department Coronavirus COVID-19 updates. Visit Impact 211 website for information or call 2-1-1 for assistance.

  • OVERVIEW
  • SCHEDULE
  • YOUR FEEDBACK & COMMENTS
  • CONTACT US

OVERVIEW

The City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works and Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) are planning a Safety Improvement Project at the intersection of West Center Street, West Lisbon Avenue and North 60th Street, which was originally constructed in 1920. The purpose of the project is to improve pedestrian and vehicular safety due to the high frequency and severity of crashes. 84 crashes, resulting in 35 injuries, were reported at or near this intersection between 2014 and 2018. An average of 28,700 vehicles enter through this intersection on a daily basis. 

The proposed scope of work consists of replacing the traffic signals to include monotube mast arms with signal heads over each lane of traffic, installing flashing yellow left turn arrows, and reconstructing the pedestrian curb ramps to meet Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards. We anticipate temporary lane closures as needed, with minimum disruption, during construction. 

FUNDING

Estimated cost of the project is $589,000. Federal aid will pay for 90% of the cost and the City will cover the remaining 10%. Assessments to property owners are not anticipated as part of this project.

DESIGN PLANS

MAP

 

SCHEDULE

We are currently in the design phase. Construction is tentatively scheduled for 2023. 

We want to hear from you! Let us know your safety concerns and experience traveling as a pedestrian, bicyclist or motorist at this intersection. Your input will help identify issues to make improvements. 

Name 

Address 

Email 

Comments

PROJECT CONTACTS 

Steven Owen, Project Manager
Sowen@milwaukee.gov
414-286-8087

Megan O'Connor, Project Liaison
moconnor@milwaukee.gov
414-708-1433

Sign up to receive project updates in your inbox!

Name 

Email 

This site is powered by the Northwoods Titan Content Management System

Menu

X