- COMMUNITY MEETINGS & DOCUMENTS
- YOUR FEEDBACK & COMMENTS
- CONTACT US
The City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works and State of Wisconsin Department of Transportation are planning to reconstruct the South Chase Avenue Bridge over the Union Pacific Railroad, which is adjacent to East Ohio Avenue. The bridge will be removed, and replaced with a bridge that is two (2) feet higher than existing. The scope of work also includes removing and replacing pavement, curb & guttter, driveway approaches and sidewalk on both sides of the bridge on South Chase Avenue, as well as for a short stretch on East Ohio Avenue. Pedestrian curb ramps will be built to meet ADA compliance, and we will consider enhancements to pedestrian and bike accommodations. Drainage structures and street lighting will also be upgraded.
- Replace a structurally deficient bridge
- Make travel safe and comfortable for everyone.
- Improve bike and pedestrian accommodations
- South Chase Avenue is Connecting HWY 32 and is classified as a principal arterial
- Average Daily Traffic Count: 15,800 vehicles
- Posted speed: 30 mph
- No existing bus routes
- Right of Way: 110 ft
- Roadway Width South approach (existing and proposed): Two median divided 32-ft roadways
- Roadway Width North approach (proposed): Two median divided roadways, one 36-ft, one 46-ft
Estimated construction cost is $5.0 to $5.5 million dollars. Approximate breakdown for construction costs:
- 100% cost covered by the State
We are currently in the design phase through 2023. Construction is tentatively scheduled for 2024.
COMMUNITY MEETINGS & DOCUMENTS
The City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works holds public involvement meetings to receive input and share project details with residents and businesses located in the project area.
Virtual Public Involvement Meeting #1 – Date and Time pending
Purpose: Introduce the project, and gather community experience to review design alternatives
Presentation will be posted here.
Public Involvement Meeting #2 - 2022
Purpose: Review the proposed design alternative.
We want you to tell us: How do the proposed designs work for you? Do the proposed designs capture what the community wants? Are we missing anything?
Pre-Construction Meeting - Early Spring 2024
Purpose: Outline construction schedule, staging details, and address concerns of expected impacts