In an effort to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus, businesses began to offer their customers carry-out service. To assist businesses that currently do not have a "Loading Zone" adjacent to their business, the City of Milwaukee has implemented a temporary program to provide "Carryout Zones".
- "Carryout Zones" are intended to make it safe and convenient for customers to pick-up orders. The expectation is that orders will be taken out to the customer’s vehicle and lessen possible exposure to COVID-19
- To request the installation of signage and/or meter hoods to create a "Carryout Zone", please complete an ONLINE REQUEST FORM
- Signage will be installed by the Department of Public Works within 48 to 72 hours of your request
- The program is 100% free to City of Milwaukee businesses who currently do not have a "Loading Zone" adjacent to their business
- This is a temporary program
For more information on this program, please contact the Special Event Permit Office at 414-286-3915 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.