Commercial 2x4ft Troffers
For a commercial 2-foot by 4-foot troffer, the required model is cost-effective if it is priced no more than $37 above the less efficient model. The best available model saves the average user more: $61 above the less efficient model.
Industrial High Bay LED Luminaires
For an industrial high bay LED luminaire, the required model is cost-effective if it is priced no more than $180 above the less efficient model. The best available model saves even more: $352 above the less efficient model.
LED CFL Luminaire Replacements: downlight luminaires using conventional incandescent, halogen, and compact fluorescent lamps have lower efficacies and shorter expected lifetimes than comparable LED systems.
- For use in: Hospitals and other commercial buildings currently utilizing pin-based CFL downlight luminaires.
- Potential savings: 60% over standard CFL technology
Adaptive Exterior Lighting Controls: outdoor lighting incorporated into a single system with LED sources and advanced wireless controls.
- For use in: buildings currently utilizing outdoor lighting systems, including parking, landscape, and façade lighting, which are not governed by automatic controls.
- Potential savings: 30-75% depending on application and site-specific factors
Rotary-Cooled Solid-State Lighting (RCSSL): a novel solid-state lighting (SSL) architecture that improves thermal management performance enhancing heat transfer nearly 10x compared to conventional heat sinks.
- Benefits: low luminaire thermal resistance (~0.09 C/W) leads to increased luminous efficacy and lifetime of LEDs without large overall luminaire size, high LED driver efficiency (99.0%), rotational color mixing provides optical insertion- loss-free white light using color LEDs and enables increased luminous efficacy and adjustable color balance with no perceptible flicker, designed to be easily manufactured in volume using established methods and tools
- Applications and Industries: high-bay lighting, industrial and commercial area lighting
Red-Emitting Phosphors for Solid-State Lighting: transform the cold blue of many current light-emitting diodes (LEDs) into the warm white that could help move solid-state lighting (SSL) into broader applications and market spaces.
- Benefits: improved white light quality, unprecedented red-phosphor component for blue or UV excitation, reduces the need for stringent emission wavelength control of the LEDs, increases the absorption cross section of the phosphor, exceeds traditional LED color quality, improved energy efficiency
- Applications and Industries: electronics, solid-state lighting, photo catalysis, ion Conducting