Bookmark and Share

Occupancy Permits

When you establish your business, church, agency, school or organization in a new or existing building, you need a Certificate of Occupancy before you open your doors. Certificates of Occupancy also are required for parking lots and commercial storage buildings. They are not required for one- and two-family homes unless an inspector has issued a “placard” or the house has been vacant for more than six months. Please use our new system - LMS - to complete the Occupancy Application. 

Visit the Development Center at 809 N. Broadway to apply for occupancy, or submit your application by mail.  



Department Logo  

Contact Us

Plan Exam and Permits
809 N Broadway
First Floor
Milwaukee, WI 53202

Monday - Friday
8am - 4:30pm


Phone Directory