Mayor Barrett Encourages Job Seekers to Register for Career Expo
May 21, 2015
Mayor Barrett encourages anyone looking for a permanent job to attend the Career Expo on May 28 at the Wisconsin State Fair Park Expo Center.
The Career Expo is only open to employers with current job openings and job candidates who register and have been pre-screened for work readiness. Job seeker attendance will be limited to U.S. military veterans at 10:30 a.m. The general public will be admitted at 11 a.m.
Entry-level through advanced positions are available in many industries. Highlights include:
- Manufacturing: wages starting at $15 to $27 per hour for CNC Machinists and $19 to $24 per hour for Maintenance Mechanics
- Healthcare: wages starting at $10 to $12 per hour for Certified Nursing Assistants and $25 to $27 for Registered Nurses
- Transportation: wages starting at $32,000 to $50,000 per year for Commercial Truck Drivers
- Customer Service/Sales: a variety of good paying hourly and salary positions across several industries
- Many high-skill and professional openings for experienced workers with wages starting at $5,000 to $85,000 per year
Visit www.JobCenterofWisconsin.com to register or learn more information.