Bike Rack Request Form
Please use this form to request a new bike rack or identify an existing rack that needs to be repaired or replaced. Anyone can request a rack!
If you are part of a BID, NID, or other neighborhood organization interested in getting decorative bike racks for your area, please see our Decorative Bike Racks Program information.
Bike Rack Location Requirements
- Must have at least a 2' x 6' space available so that a bike can be locked to either side of the rack
- Must not block the sidewalk path or any fire hydrants, emergency exits, utility access points, etc. when a bike is locked to the rack
- Cannot be on private property
- For U-racks, must have a concrete surface
- For bell racks and hitch racks, must be attached to an existing pole
- See Section 4 and Section 5 of the Bicycle Space Parking Ordinance for comprehensive guidelines
Bike Rack Types
Each rack provides parking for two bicycles.
| || || |
|U-Rack ||Bell Rack ||Hitch Rack |
Requested Location Information
Please enter the address closest to where you are requesting a bike rack. If no address is available, list the nearest street and cross street.
Location Address Line 1
Location Address Line 2
Milwaukee, WI Zip Code
Please describe your requested location (available sidewalk space, adjacent business, building, or park, etc):
What type of bike rack would you suggest for this location?
How many bike racks would you suggest for this location?
Why do you think this is a good location for a bike rack? (Optional)
Contact Information (Optional)
You may be contacted with questions about your requested location.
Business or Organization (if applicable)
Address Line 1
Address Line 2
City State Zip Code
Check if you would like updates on the status of your request.